Friday 23 September 2011

Berlin calling!

So I arrived late yesterday evening in Berlin and spent a good couple of hours sat up chatting with my good friend Nikki before bed. She's very kindly putting me up until early next week, so I should be nicely rested for the marathon on Sunday. We'll be heading out together this afternoon to pick up my number from the old Tempelhof airport. I'm excited :-)

I've neglected my blog of late, largely because my training has gone off the rails and to write about it brings me down a little. I've been plagued by shin splints and forced to rest intermittently. Nonetheless, over recent weeks I've managed long runs of 17, 19 and 21 miles. I know I'll 'get around' the course on Sunday, but I had hoped to set my sights a little higher. No matter. I'm here and determined to enjoy the experience.

Watch this space for a race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment