Monday 4 July 2011

27/6 - 3/7 - A week of rest?

After three consecutive weeks of building distance from around 28 to 38 miles, 27 June - 3 July was scheduled as an 'off week'. I ran 33 miles in all, but perhaps overdid it here and there (at least, I didn't feel particularly rested by Sunday!).

Highlights of the week:

- Running injury free (nothing more than tightness/niggles)
- Had a really quick, successful interval session
- Slotted in another 1km swim -- variety is good!
- Managed to stay disciplined on my long run


Monday

3-mile easy/steady run finishing with a small spurt.

Distance: 3.07 miles
Avg pace: 7m 38s / mile
Avg HR: 149 bpm


Tuesday 

Really pleased with this session! 4x 1km intervals with 2-minute recovery jogs -- check out the split times: 

Km 1: 3:54 (6:16/mile) 
Km 2: 3:43 (5:59/mile) 
Km 3: 3:32 (5:41/mile) 
Km 4: 3:38 (5:51/mile)

Distance: 3.34 miles
Avg pace: 6m 48s / mile
Avg HR: 163 bpm


Wednesday

Rest


Thursday

AM: 1km swim (my technique is still horrible, but I might be getting some lessons in September!).

PM: 7 miles steady, finishing at 10k pace. Experimented with cadence: increased turnover during the last couple of miles and felt I could run faster with less effort.

Distance: 7.03 miles
Avg pace: 6m 59s / mile
Avg HR: 158 bpm


Friday
5k recovery run with Annie. Nice to have company once in a while! :-)

Distance: 3.09 miles
Avg pace: 10m 06s / mile
Avg HR: 127 bpm

Saturday

Did my long(ish) run today instead of Sunday, just to suit circumstances. Stayed disciplined and hovered around 8 mins/mile. Tiring, but in a different way to the quicker sessions earlier in the week.

Distance: 9.86 miles
Avg pace: 7m 57s / mile
Avg HR: 151 bpm


Sunday

7 miles at marathon pace -- heavy legged! Don't think I refuelled soon enough after my long run yesterday. My Garmin also went crazy and lied to me about my first two split times, so I ran too hard for the remaining 5 miles (in fact, I stopped about one-third of a mile short of 7 miles because I knew something wasn't right). Ate within half an hour of getting back this time!

Distance: 6.71 miles
Avg pace: 7m 10s / mile
Avg HR: 157 bpm

1 comment: