Monday 2 January 2012

My first run of 2012

For the past few days we've been staying with my girlfriend's sister in Numazu, Japan. I brought my running gear with the intention of going for at least one decent run while I was here. Since we're heading back home tomorrow morning, today was really my last chance so I got up and out first thing. And I was glad I did.

Annie came with me and we followed the Kano River out towards Suruga Bay. Annie turned back after a couple of miles and I carried on until hitting the port area. The scenery had been pleasant enough until that point, but from there on in was nothing short of spectacular. I ran for another 3 miles or so along a dike between Numazu and Fuji City, with Suruga Bay on my left and Mount Fuji emerging from the early morning cloud cover on my right.


Speed and distance didn't really matter: it was all about taking in the surroundings. And here's why:









Distance: 13.80 miles
Avg pace: 8m 16s / mile
Avg HR: No HRM
Conditions: Clear, 5°C

No comments:

Post a Comment