Thursday 6 October 2011

I'm-a comin' home!

So the inevitable parcel arrived in the post this week: my rejection letter from the good people at London Marathon HQ. But you know what? London can keep its smelly marathon, because I've got other plans...

Like thousands of other London 'rejects', I have gone on the rebound. Accordingly, on 29 April 2012, I will be running the revived Greater Manchester Marathon. As soon as I've stopped feeling guilty about defaulting to the city of my childhood, I'll start training towards my sub-3:10 target time.

I've also yet to add a couple of other races to my events list: the 'Chilly Duathlon' (Castle Combe, 20 November 2011) and the Virgin Active London Triathlon (London (duh!), 22 September 2012). Yes, I said the 't' word, but don't worry, running is still at the forefront of my mind!

1 comment:

  1. Kewl, at least you will be breathing cleaner air in Manchester (just)

    ReplyDelete