Monday 25 April 2011

2012 London Marathon ballot

The online ballot for the 2012 London Marathon opens tomorrow and I think I'll enter just for the craic. If I actually get a place (unlikely), it'll be my fourth marathon in two years. I was intending to concentrate on shorter distances after Berlin, but I figured it's worth entering the ballot this year on the off chance that I get a place. After all, London is consistently ranked among the top marathons in the world. I think you're guaranteed a place if you get turned down four consecutive times, too. Anyway, we'll see what happens on the morrow...

2 comments:

  1. OK, I entered. Won't find out anything until early October, mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked this morning and the ballot is already closed. No less popular this time around, it seems!

    ReplyDelete