Friday 22 April 2011

Cricks 'n' cameras

Today I woke up with a crick in my neck -- felt like a pinched nerve or something. I think it's probably because our mattress is like a bag of spanners. Anyway, I tried to loosen myself up and headed out for a slow-to-steady 5 miler. I was pleased to keep up a pretty regular pace despite a reasonable incline towards the end.

It was surprisingly hot for the time of day. Actually, what the hell is this weather all about? It's hit 25°C almost every day since we got back to the UK! Has our little island been floating towards the equator while nobody was looking? I would say I can't complain, but clearly I can -- it's my default setting ;-)

Anyway, my next run will be on Sunday. A few days ago, Annie and I walked (read: hiked) to 'the obelisk' in Eastnor and now I'm going to attempt to run there and back. I say attempt because it's pretty bloody hilly (check out the contour lines on this map!). Ledbury Harriers, the local running club, organises an interesting-looking race called the Magnificent Eastnor Castle Seven which culminates in the so-called 'orrible ascent to the obelisk. Unfortunately I missed it this year, but I'd quite like to do it in the future. We'll see where I am and what's going on when it next rolls around...

Because some of the routes here are so scenic, I'd quite like to film them and stick them on the blog for people to see. I've bought a cheap head cam from Amazon to that end. I'm not sure if the headstrap will work without a helmet, but I don't see why not. Check back soon for footage. If it works and I don't get too many weird looks from judgmental dog walkers, I might film a few routes or even races.

No comments:

Post a Comment