Sunday 3 April 2011

Last long run

Today I set my Garmin to two hours and thought I'd just see how far I ended up running in that time. I set off slow to steady (around 8 mins/mile) and gradually sped up, averaging around 7m 20s over the last few miles. In total I ran 15.41 miles, which I was happy with. I didn't want to do any more than that really. Plus I was pretty tired by the end and could feel a stitch coming on.

I'm a little worried about my residual level of fatigue, so I'm not doing anything for the next week. I'm going to eat lots of carbs and sit on my arse. My legs could do with the rest. Let's see how it pays off when Sunday rolls around :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed I'm related to someone with this level of discipline.. maybe you got my share? Dead proud of you xX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, big sis :-) I must admit I really had to drag myself out there for this one. However much you like running or enjoy it once you're on your feet, there will always be days when you simply have to go into auto-pilot, put on your gear and leave before you start thinking. My whole body is aching today. Roll on Sunday - I'll be ready by then. Maybe :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Go Gadget Ed. With ref to your last coment - why do you get 20 degrees and blossom and we get 20 mph wind and litter? Chill and eat - such is the life of an athlete.

    ReplyDelete