Saturday 30 April 2011

7.5 miles slow to steady

I was going to head for the deer park trail again but since I'm running the Cardiff Bay 5 on Monday (last-minute decision), I wanted to hold back today and 10% gradients didn't really fit the bill! I followed the comparatively flat town trail and bypass instead. I felt tired and sluggish for the first couple of miles -- couldn't tell you why -- but eventually got into the swing of things and felt the endorphins kick in. It struck me how much I'd missed (relatively) long, slow runs. They can leave you feeling really refreshed.

The entire 7.55 miles took me 57m 53s, but the time was irrelevant: I just wanted to get a few miles in my legs.

Distance: 7.55 miles
Avg pace: 7m 40s / mile
Avg HR: 161 bpm
Conditions: Sunny, 15°C, 17mph wind (NE)

No comments:

Post a Comment