Tuesday 1 February 2011

¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!

Well, not quite. But tonight was my first scheduled session with a bit of speed work. I did 2 miles slow to steady, then 3 miles threshold and another 2 miles steady, clocking in at just under 51 minutes for the full 7 miles. From here on in I'll gradually build up my weekly threshold run to about half-marathon distance. The real killer will be the weekly interval session, which I plan to do at a local track. I probably won't start those until next week, though. Eventually, most of my running will be pretty quick, with the exception of my long slog at weekends!

I'm listening to the freezing rain bounce off the roof tiles at the moment. Thankfully, I just about beat it home! Now I'm going to tuck into a nice big curry. Gotta keep my energy levels up, right? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment