Sunday 6 February 2011

Un peu perdu

Today I covered 12.45 miles in 1h 36m. While I enjoyed my run, I took an entirely different route to the one intended. Had to stop and ask a man for directions, who proceeded to tell me three different ways to get to where I wanted to go - most confusing. I decided simply to follow a local cycle path and then picked up a tram line I recognised to make a nice, long loop back home. Not record-breaking pace but steady enough.

I'm wondering whether my long runs should be quicker. All my books tell me to do my slow runs 20% slower than my target marathon pace, but that seems a bit much to me. I guess I'll slowly build up my threshold runs until I'm covering a decent distance at 7 minutes per mile. Ramble, ramble...

Had a snazztastic day otherwise. More than made up for lost calories at an Italian restaurant in town. Spaghetti carbonara and tiramisu :-) Bit of sightseeing with some visiting friends and then back home for tea and biccies. You might have noticed by now that my diet doesn't exactly go hand in hand with my training plan!

2 comments:

  1. A happy belly makes for a happy runner / cyclist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be soon ading a graph to my blogg I like it. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete