Tuesday 8 February 2011

Feel the burn

So tonight was my first serious interval session. I ran 7 x 800m followed by 400m recoveries, hitting the 5-mile mark in 33 minutes (though the GPS data I uploaded to Runkeeper differed very slightly). It really started to hurt the last couple of intervals - my lungs were burning earlier and earlier every time. Next week I'll run 10k at the same pace, if not quicker. I had already run a few miles before I started my session this evening and felt a bit tired.

I'm exhausted now, but I think it's a bit of a sugar low. A few weeks back I bought a bulk load of isotonic drinks and now I keep getting cravings for them. It's worrying. I had two this evening and now I feel like I've downed a bottle of Benylin.

Might do a few easy miles tomorrow evening. Ta-ra for now, folks.

1 comment:

  1. I find food an odd thing - don't want to eat too much but don't want to cause un-necessary stress on the body by not eating enough }:-]

    ReplyDelete