Sunday 20 February 2011

Horrendous

Turns out my legs weren't up to it. And when your legs aren't up to it, 16 miles is an awful long way. I was already tired by mile 4 and had a bit of a funny turn at mile 5, so had to ease right off. It was a bit of a struggle from there on in. That's what happens when you're stupid enough to do 90% of your weekly mileage in one weekend. But at least it's over with. There will always be good and bad days, and this is the first bad day I've had for quite a while.

Somehow I managed to pick things up a bit towards the end and averaged exactly 8 mins/mile. So if I can do that feeling like crap, I'm confident I can hit my target on the day. Here's hoping...

Now to eat my own body weight in spaghetti. Toodle-oo!

2 comments:

  1. Respect - It would have been quite easy to turn around and head for home. Oh by the way my wife, Joanne likes you blog page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta very much, Holmes :-) So are the links and whatnot visible now? I seem to remember you saying the colours didn't work very well.

    ReplyDelete