Sunday 13 February 2011

Foray into the forêt

Perfect day for running today: about 10 degrees, overcast but no rain or wind. I took about 1h 45m to run just short of 14 miles. I thought I'd wear my heart rate monitor out of interest, so if you wanted to know (and I'm sure you did!), my average HR was 161 bpm. A year or so ago you could probably have added another 10 bpm to that. Interestingly, the relationship between work and heart rate differs depending on the activity and the number of muscle groups used during that activity. According to Brian Mac, you should expect a higher maximum HR for running than for cycling because running uses more muscle groups than cycling. So there we are.

It was nice to head into the forest today. Very squelchy. I now feel my gore tex trail shoes were a legitimate purchase.

And so ends another week. I'm still only managing about 30 miles per week but have significantly upped effort levels recently, so it's not because I'm lazy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment