Thursday 10 February 2011

Where did that come from?!

In truth I was a bit frustrated with my run on Tuesday, so tonight I vowed to go out and average a decent pace over 7 miles. I intended to run the first mile in 7 minutes and fall into a rhythm, but my legs seemed to have other ideas. I ran the first mile in 6m 34s and then didn't really feel like slowing down. I probably ran too hard and increased my risk of injury, but I covered 7 miles in 45m 30s, averaging 6m 30s per mile. I probably won't up my mileage too much this week, otherwise I really will be pushing it. I feel awesome, though. I'm probably as fit as I've ever been and I'm only 5 weeks into my training plan ;-)

Anyway, that's enough speed work for this week. Rest tomorrow, recovery run on Saturday and long slow run on Sunday. Come back soon for more dreary running monologues!

No comments:

Post a Comment