Wednesday 11 May 2011

Berlin Marathon training schedule - revised

I've tweaked my Berlin training schedule a bit. Essentially all I've done is take out the odd speed session where it was too close to one of my 10k races (I figured the races would serve as speed sessions pretty well, anyway). The Tenby 10k on 31 July looks a little like it's been 'shoe horned' into the schedule, so I've knocked one or two miles off the following week. While there's a steady progression throughout the plan, the mileage does tend to jump about some weeks, but I think it's good to have the odd 'off week' to let your legs recuperate. Fingers crossed I make it through this plan unscathed. If I learned anything from Paris, it's not to try and catch up with training missed through injury.

(Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment