Sunday 8 May 2011

Lights, (no) camera, action

This morning I got all kitted out to film one of my scenic runs through woodland trails, but no sooner than 2 minutes in the batteries died. I think they were about a thousand years old or something. So I got some pretty funny looks with a camera strapped to my head, and all for nothing! :-)

Of course, I carried on regardless. I followed a relatively hilly route with a 450ft ascent over the first 5 miles. And since this was supposed to be a long slow run, I had to virtually crawl at times to keep my work rate down. Very enjoyable, though. Intermittently challenging.

Distance: 7.95 miles
Avg pace: 8m 54s / mile
Avg HR: 156 bpm
Conditions: Overcast, 13°C

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you pulled off a very difficult run! Nice job...

    Bummer about the batteries. This has happend in the worst of times during trips for me.

    It's cool that you raised £600 for the Paris marathon. I ran my first marathon for charity too and it's not easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you but I really relish my long slow runs. They don't feel as gruelling and you get to enjoy the scenery a bit more! So yea, I was pleased to keep my heart rate down and get a decent aerobic workout!

    I chose to raise money for a charity that had personal significance to me, rather than booking a charity place on the marathon. You're right: it can be difficult to get the funds together, particularly when people are feeling the squeeze. That's why I'm so grateful to everyone who chipped in.

    ReplyDelete