Thursday 5 May 2011

Bloody weather!

This morning I went to work in a t-shirt in glorious sunshine, only to get rained on all the way home. By then it was cold, too, so I decided to wear more layers than usual for my evening run. Of course, the sun immediately came out again and I was sweltering! Still, I daren't complain about the weather being too good ;-)

I managed a steady 5 miles this evening. Still some tightness in the deep calf muscles of my left leg, so I stretched thoroughly afterwards. I envisage running 21 miles this week -- I'll need to be comfortable with 30 miles per week again by the time my schedule starts in a fortnight. In truth, I've been taking things relatively slowly since the marathon, but I think it was important to give my body a bit of a rest and build up again gradually. Anyway, no running now until Sunday. I feel slightly guilty whenever I have two days off!

Distance: 5 miles
Avg pace: 7m 20s / mile
Avg HR: 163 bpm
Conditions: Sunny spells, 14°C

No comments:

Post a Comment